Posted to sci.electronics.repair,free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
powerstation

Default White Knight tumble dryer - drum not turning

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article F1kqf.35347$aU4.33085@trnddc06,
James Sweet writes:

refrigerator compressors dont have a capacitor.

Sure they do, they (again at least in the US) have a PSC motor in the
compressor, usually the capacitor is 8-15 uF potted brick but I've seen
older ones with oil filled capacitors.

In UK, older ones used to have a start capacitor and relay
(starter relay failing was a not uncommon failure mode in
old age).

There's no externally visible capacitor in current models,
but they are certainly induction motors of some type.

Must be damn old I been working on them for 25yrs never seen one with a
capacitor only a relay starter