Posted to sci.electronics.repair,free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
powerstation

Default White Knight tumble dryer - drum not turning

"James Sweet" wrote in message

If it uses an electrolytic capacitor that would explain why the capacitor
fails. Most of the dryers I've dealt with have oil filled run capacitors,
as does my drill press and the fan motors in my furnace and heat pump,
those are are all the PSC motors I have I can think of other than the
refrigerator compressor, dunno what sort of cap is in that, I've never
looked.

refrigerator compressors dont have a capacitor.

Sure they do, they (again at least in the US) have a PSC motor in the
compressor, usually the capacitor is 8-15 uF potted brick but I've seen
older ones with oil filled capacitors.

Not in the UK they are relay or PTC starters no capacitor