Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

Default un-kinking a bandsaw blade?

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:45:14 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

when trimmed will JUST fit on my 1442,

So there's your excuse for a bigger lathe 8-)

The pin to allow the wider face of the blank sounds like a winner.. got any
pictures or links to them??

Any reference on bandsaw gadgets ought to describe them. They're usually
a design specific to that particular bandsaw design.

Mine is just a thin sheet of metal with a 1/4" pin above it and a few
holes to bolt it down. I use short machine screws into T nuts in the
mitre gauge slot. Using a spiral of holes lets me screw it down for a
number of different radii. Obviously the pin needs to be aligned with
the front of the blade, but this is just a matter of where I clamp it.

There's also a more complicated design where the pin can slide from the
front of the table back to a stop level with the blade. This lets you
put a blank on, then saw stragith down to the circle diameter. It's an
easier jig though if you fix the pin and just saw the blank first along
a tangent.