Posted to rec.woodworking
Lawrence Wasserman

Default Sharpening Brad Point drill bits.

In article ,
Australopithecus scobis wrote:
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 03:16:31 +0000, John B wrote:

I sharpen mine on standard grinder.

I think you posted these instructions a while ago. I wondered then, and
wonder now, are you touching up bradpoints with spurs? (I don't think so.)
Or are you grinding a twist drill to have a brad point and flat cutting
edge?

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
wreck20051219 at spambob.net

If you can find Patrick Spielman's book on sharpening he shows how to
resharpen a regular twist drill into something that is close to a brad
point. It involves using the "corner" of the grinding wheel, i.e. the
side and circumference at the same time. I may have mispelled
Spielman, he is best known for scroll saw work.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland