Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Any Saw Stop Owners

"alexy" wrote in message
Where the analogy breaks down in my opinion is the inability to apply
this technology to very inexpensive saws. How do you add this to a
$150 bench-top "table saw"?

Same way you do it with the expensive saw, only cheaper. Look around you at
anything electronic, many appliances, etc. They are much cheaper now that
the were some years ago. My first bedroom size 6000 Btu AC was over $150 40
years ago. Today I can buy one for $99. Standard features in an economy
car today are better than luxury cars of the past.

Improved design, higher volume to justify new tooling and the price will
come down quite a bit in a few years.