Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Planer as Jointer

"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Dec 21, 2005, 5:15am (EST+5)
(Lobby Dosser) did posteth:
A while back someone was looking for an article about using a sled in a
planer to face joint a board. Ran across it last night going through
some old mags: August 2004, Issue 171 of Fine Woodworking, in the
'Methods of Work' section. Sled with imbedded Clamp n Tool and some
shims.

Heh. I made a nifty planer sled, 99.9% wood - the 1% is the glue
in it. Uses 2 cam clamps (homemade), uses scraps of wood as shims, as
required. Didn't want to take chances with any metal in it, just in
case. No actual cost, except time (free chunk of 2x4, leftover wood,
plywood scraps, glue, about 2" of 1/4" dowel). Works like a charm, and
even looks good. I'd paint it yellow, but that would drop its collector
value.

It's not really about the money, but sometimes it's just more
satisfying to make your own, instead of buying.

So Joat do you nave a picture of this sled?