Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Default Planer as Jointer

A while back someone was looking for an article about using a sled in a
planer to face joint a board. Ran across it last night going through some
old mags: August 2004, Issue 171 of Fine Woodworking, in the 'Methods of
Work' section. Sled with imbedded Clamp n Tool and some shims.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
A while back someone was looking for an article about using a sled in a
planer to face joint a board. Ran across it last night going through some
old mags: August 2004, Issue 171 of Fine Woodworking, in the 'Methods of
Work' section. Sled with imbedded Clamp n Tool and some shims.

That was me. Thanks for the follow up. Some one also sent me copies of the
article.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
(J T) wrote:

I'd paint it yellow, but that would drop its collector
value.

Man, you crack me up....

New tool idea -- need your opinions! (Hint: one machine instead of a planer AND A jointer) Nobody Woodworking 45 November 22nd 05 07:36 PM
Should I purchase this used 8" jointer & 15" planer??? [email protected] Woodworking 11 November 11th 05 04:59 AM
JOINTING WITH A PLANER J T Woodworking 4 January 4th 05 12:54 AM
Question about a jointer and planer problem Wally Woodworking 6 July 11th 04 03:36 PM
jointer as planer Michael Press Woodworking 9 February 19th 04 02:48 AM