Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default I'm trying to make a turned heated bird bath.

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote:

When I was younger and more foolish I did some work for a friend who
owned a laying farm, among other types of farming enterprises. We had
to move new layers from the brood barn to the laying barn and then
clean the brood barn. I thought we were on the concrete floor and then
found out it was 2 to 2 1/2' down. Hen manure, pick axes and shovels
to the conveyer. Do not complain about a lousy thousand geese for a
fly over :-) Did I ever tell you about Uncle Merritt's bird farm?
Beauty is in the "eye" not the "nose" of the beholder :-)

Ever see the PBS (IIRC) show on the Guano Islands off Chile?
2' is nothing. )

Speaking of Uncle Merritt, I once had to do a survey of the Turkey Farm at
Oregon State. Wading through a 1000 or so Turkeys with a transit ain't a
lot of fun - oops pardon me - coming through - giddyup - shoo - Bugger OFF!
(trying to shake turkey loose from pantleg) ...