Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Default Blower motor died on a 18 year old Furnace: Update.

wrote in message
oups.com...
:I just went to Grainger and brought my whole assembly there with
me.
: We took the motor off the wheel (took a little convincing, but
came
: off) and the guy looked up the replacement. My original is a
1/2 hp GE
: unit, the replacement he found was a Dayton 1/2 hp same rpm
(can't
: remember now), same shaft, the only difference is the
replacement is 3
: speed, the original is 4 speed. I had the high and low
connected to
: what probably is cooling and heating. I noted down all the
connections
: when I removed the original and will hook up the new one the
same way.
: Total cost with the new capacitor: $69.20. If this works when
: install after work tonight, I will have saved a lot of money.
Thanks to
: all for encouraging me to replace. My hesitation was due to
lack of
: knoweledge of where to get the replacement. Grainger seems
pretty good
: for that.
:
: Thanks!
: Vladimir
:

It's so great when a plan comes together, isn't it? A little
common sense, some intelligence and a smattering of experience
somewhere can save a diy-er lots of bread.
Now, take the money you saved, put half in the bank, and blow
the rest on something nice for yourself; you deserve it, IMO.

Glad you posted back.

Pop