Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

Default Sharpening Brad Point drill bits.

wrote:
Does anyone have experience with sharpening brad point drill bits?

I sharpen mine on standard grinder. I also have never bought a Wood bit,
I make my own from HSS twist bits. To make your own takes quite a bit of
practice but It's quite simple to touch them up.
With the grinder off, set the bit against the wheel in the correct
location and angle. This gives you an idea how to position it. Start the
grinder and touch up the bit.
Use a large bit to start (practice) with and once you get the hang of it
do the lot.
Have fun
regards
John