Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default OT - old software Was: PING: Charles Self

On 12/20/2005 9:22 PM WillR mumbled something about the following:
Larry Blanchard wrote:
Greg G. wrote:

I wasn't aware you guys were still around. I really loved QEdit -
especially the ability to write your own help, macros, and keyboard
maps, and then write them back into the EXE, resulting in one compact
executable to keep track of.

I remember that one too. But my favorite was the full C compiler (no,
not a subset) that ran on the Z80. Others had said it couldn't be
done. Came on 2 (IIRC) 8" floppies. I wish I could remember the
company name, but my memory is getting old along with the rest of me.

Now you've ticked me off cause I should remember. Now I'm gonna be
trying to remember for days. :-(

I presume this was for CP/M -- cause I do remember something -- and I
don't mean Microsoft who was doing their Commercial BASIC as I recall.

Maybe we should give a free Dynabyte System to the person who remembers...

And my favorite computer error message was from a Fortran compiler
written for the GE400 computers by Charley ... (damn memory). The
message was:

"The compiler has gotten lost - there are a myriad of possible reasons."

Still makes me chuckle :-).

Never saw that one -- must have been a better FORTRAN programmer than I
thought I was. :-)

BDS C is the only one I can remember. Targeted at the CP/M-80 systems
(Z80 and Intel 8080)

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net