jim rozen

Default Chicago, Lane Tech, Museum of Science and Industry for Scott Logan

In article , PLAlbrecht says...

Foundry and machine shop were some of the most unlikely useful courses I ever
took, anywhere. They gave me an edge in college (masters degree, mechanical
engineering) and work, and I still use and build on the skills I learned there.

Drafting and mechanical drawing. I've earned more money using those
skills I picked up in HS drafting class than I care to admit.

It's too bad the professional "educators" don't "get" it. But that's OK, we can
export all those jobs to the Third World. Wait, I know, we'll have teleteachers
based in India, leading our classes via cheap broadband connections and
webcams. Let's see how they like it...

We were talking about this at work recently. Consensus was, a) they
could teach this way, and b) by then nobody in the US could afford
to pay for the classes because they would all be out of work.

Jim

please reply to: