Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Gaffer tape for warts

On 20 Dec 2005 07:20:46 -0800, wrote:

Pet @
www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Rick wrote:
I just had what the Doc termed a soft wart removed.
The practise runs a monthly Cryo clinic .... so booked in, and it took
of a minute ... he just sprayed on some liquid Nitrogen ... wart died
and fell off a few days, free, simple & painless.

As it's a DIY group, I'll give my DIY method for effectively removing
warts....

Go to Maplins (etc) buy a can of Freezer Spray (for cooling suspect IC's
to find the faulty one) then, very carefully, press the top of the
aerosol to allow the liquid "stuff" to run down the delivery tube and
drop-by-drop allow the liquid to land on the wart and boil away.

Keep applying untill the wart is frozen but stop before the surrounding
skin becomes too frozen.

Repeat daily as required.

NOTE - a gently touch is required or you end up squirting the stuff all
over your hand which is a bit stupid.

Far more convienient than finding time to go to the doctors.

Alternatively go to the chemist and buy the proper Wartner wart
freezing kit . Far more convenient than finding a Maplin shop, and far
less fiddly than your method.

MBQ

Doesn't work. I had three blackthorn splinters which kept some warts going
for a couple of years.

In desperation a couple of months bak I opened them up with a bloody
scalpel, (one of my aeromodelling sort) and eventually dug out two dust
specks of something black.

They SEEM to be going down and fading away.