Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default Any Saw Stop Owners

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:48:18 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:18:26 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message

.... snip

IT WORKS!
Well received the filters from saw stop and Rick can now use the saw with

no
problems, but Mark proved that the filters don't interferer with the
operation of the machine by using his thumb! Seriously we just avoided a
serious accident Mark has a bandage on this thumb and is back working (a
little shaken) instead of being at the hospital
Joe (OP)

Would be interested in hearing details regarding that potential injury.
i.e, how serious was the "nick" that a bandage was required? What were

the
circumstances? etc. It sounds like the saw may have just paid for
itself.

Hi,
Mark was ripping a stair tread to 9-1/2" (we have treads in 9" and 10")
there was a strip of wood less than 1/2" as a drop, for what ever reason he
went to push the drop piece out of the way with his left thumb, he pushed
the blade instead. His thumb much like the hotdog had a nick the width of
the blade but not deep at all. Gave him a good scare and I am sure his thumb
will throb a little tonight but he is fine. It's amazing how little impact
there is on the saw when this happens, it a very well built machine we have
a Powermatic 66 and a Delta unisaw here also and the are not in the same
class as this saw, I even am reusing one of the blades that was imbedded
into a cartridge.
Joe

Wow, sounds like the saw really did save a thumb and some very serious
injury.