Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Gaffer tape for warts

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:59:56 -0000, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

| "Anna Kettle" wrote in message
| From the local doctor (tho via the local pub) ...
|
| Charm away your warts with a bit of gaffer tape. Replace daily for two
| weeks. Apparently there is some chemical in the glue that warts don't
| like
|
| If I get a wart, I burn it out with a 5mm tip soldering iron. That works
| every time. It stings a bit, but if you get it right, the wart insulates you
| from any real pain.

Beware, I inadvertently walked backward into a soldering iron and
burned my leg. No problem, I put an elastoplast on it and it healed,
but with a raised scar. 20 years later it started itching, so off to
the doctor, who sent me to hospital using a *red* form. Month later
I got an appointment and they said "it has been there too long, we
will have it off". Three weeks later they took it out together with a
*large* chunk of skin. Another appointment and they said "The path
lab report says Precancerous changes, if you had waited another five
years you would have been in deep trouble" I gave a deep sigh of
relief :-) No problems since :-)
--
Dave Fawthrop hyphen Hyphenologist.co.uk Register your mobile phone
IMEI *free* on http://www.menduk.org/. Keep the username and password.