Bob Itnyre

Default Chicago, Lane Tech, Museum of Science and Industry for Scott Logan

Hi Scott I guess I'm a lurker as I don't say much but I like to read
the info in rec.metalworking. Anyway, a few weeks ago I was in
Chicago, just visiting. Took my son who has never been there before.
I wanted him to see some of the wonderful things that I grew up with.
We visited Lane Tech, which I graduated from (June 1960) and went to
all of the major museums. (Sad, most of the machine shops that were
across from the lunch room, and elsewhere, were gone. Also the foundry
and forge shops are gone too. On cold winter days while waiting for
the bell to ring, after lunch, we'd stand by the open windows and
watch metal being poured) One of the museums was the Museum of
Science and Industry which I've loved since the late 1940's. Thirty
years since the last time I was there. While standing in line to go
into the coal mine, there sitting right next to me was something that
had a sheet of paper with a graph on it, and it was recording
something. The device had the label Logan Actuator on it. I assume
it is your product. Not sure what it does but I thought you'd be
interested. In the mine they show a safety lantern and demonstrate
what happens when you have a defective lantern. Seems to me when I
was a kid the boom was much louder than it was. Maybe the years or
maybe someone complained about the noise.

Talked with a gentleman there in the museum who said that they were
going to move the U-505 indoors because it was starting to suffer from
the weather. I remember when they brought it across Lake shore drive
and there were signs to the motorists to be careful of the Submarine
crossing.

Great City!!!
Bob