Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Default prog. therm. and heat pump questions

Abby Normal wrote
RP wrote
Rod Speed wrote
RP wrote
Logan Shaw wrote
Abby Normal wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Abby Normal wrote

come back and see me when you figured out how to
get multiple systems to share common duct work rookie.

Dont have to share the same ductwork, ****wit.

okay so you are going to instal 3 systems now, three independent
duct systems

I hate to say it, but I have to concur with Rod on this one. His
style of argumentation leaves a lot to be desired, but in this
case, I agree with his conclusion.

If you are coming off setback and using a secondary heat pump to
do only that, it doesn't need duct work. If it just heats the
air in one room, the primary system will be running continuously
(or nearly) and will be circulating the air around the house
anyway. Even if the secondary heat pump heats the air in one room
up to 95F in the process, eventually that'll even out as the other
system recirculates everything. And heating the air up to such a
high temperature is unlikely anyway, since by definition when
you are recovering from setback, the temperature is colder than
you'd really like it.

However, I do have to admit there could be problems if the
secondary heat pump (that's used only during recovery) is putting
heat mainly into the room with the thermostat. If the
temperature in that room rises faster than in the rest of the
house, it could cause the system to think recovery has finished
when it hasn't yet gotten to that point. And if the secondary
heat pump is too far away from the thermostat, it could cause the
system to overshoot the target and heat up the house too much.
But, those are control issues rather than duct issues, and they
seem solvable.

It isn't going to work.

Corse it'll work.

If you raise the temp in one room to a point higher than the
desired temp,

That isnt going to happen when the secondary system is
JUST used to come off the setback in a reasonable time.

then you're going to have heat losses through the exterior walls
that wouldn't have occurred with a centrally ducted system, thus
defeating the purpose, at least to some extent.

Nope.

If you feed it into an interior room then that room will simply
get too hot, no question about it.

Wrong again.

I hate to say it but it's not a very intelligent alternative.

Corse it will work fine. No reason why the secondary system
cant have a slightly lower than normal temperature set so it
recovers from the setback in a decent time and then stops and
leaves the primary system to get the temp back up to normal.
Thats going to happen fine since the temp difference is well
within its capabilitys.

Supposing that I grant your every point, what would be the point of
such a system? Wouldn't it be much easier to simply install a larger
staged system?

Even if you agree with the troll he will still argue with you.

You wouldnt know what a troll was if it bit you on your lard arse.

The heat pump without the heat strips, without being grossly
oversized, or without having multilple units exceeding the
required capacity can't recover for the morning period so he
advocates not bring the home up to temperature until the afternoon.

Couldnt bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

What was being discussed was your pig ignorant
claim that setback aint viable with heat pumps.

I rubbed your stupid pig ignorant nose in a number of perfectly
viable situations where set back with a heat pump is indeed viable.

You got the sun helping you then, plus the only intelligent
thing this idot has said so far......... in the afternoon you
are hitting your daily high temperature usually so you
get a little more heat out of the heat pump.

Its a hell of a lot more than an little more,
you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

So now the system is being set back for
16 hours minimum each day. Once a day.

Doesnt alter that FACT that setback is
indeed viable in that particular situation.

Recover while the sun is shining, nothing new,

Pity you pig ignorantly claimed that
setback aint viable with heat pumps.

just the way he trolls around and ends up
saying what was originally said by others.

Couldnt bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Otherwise just leave it at the low indoor temperature,
wear long underwear and slippers all the time, be
comfy and enjoy low heating bills.

Nothing to do with what was being discussed,
whether setback can be viable with a heat pump.

The fact that the cost of the booster system being installed would
never pay for itself in its lifetime of service is another matter.

Complete pig ignorant drivel with the cheap chinese ductless split systems.

The rest of the stuff he just contradicts himself,

Lying, as always.

and really to argue that you can setback and recover temperature in time
by forking out the extra money for a 'booster heater system' is just stupid.

Couldnt bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

And passive solar to assist with coming off the
setback doesnt necessarily cost much at all.

A case of going to extreme to prove a point and yank
someone's chain to keep them arguing with a moron.

Couldnt bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

I think he has it down to a minimum of three systems now,

Lying, as always.

two ducted

Lying, as always.

and one ductless split

You dont even need that if you are happy to come
off the setback in time for the evening, ****wit.

but I think he will soon be championing the cause of a ductless split
heat pump in each room to boost the temperature more evenly.

Couldnt bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

I actually keep rubbing your stupid pig ignorant nose in the
FACT that the primary system will be perfectly adequate
to equalise the temperature when the boost is being used.

Maybe he will go back to one sized for cooling as the
central ducted system then a ductless split in each room.

You're the only one so stupid that you cant manage to
work out that the primary system is perfectly adequate to
keep the temps even if it can do that without any setback.

Maybe one of those mitsubishi vrv's yah that's the ticket.
They only cost about as much as chilled water.

Pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist is obviously blotto by now.