Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Puckdropper

Default is it safe to

"TimPerry" wrote in
:

"Erich J. Schultheis" wrote in message
ups.com...
plug in a TV to the cable box and use the cable box to control
current to the TV?

I know is probably there for older TVS but what about newer TVs with
more complex circuitry?

Could I possibly damage anything within the TV but suddenly cutting
off the electricity with the cable box?

TVs and all AC powered electronics needs to be able to survive power
outages and/or anything that suddenly shuts the power off.

*snip problems and possibilities*

Some TVs don't turn back on after a power outage. You must turn them on
manually.

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.