Posted to rec.woodworking
Contrarian

Default newbie saw queries

WillR wrote:

I want to cut up vs. pieces of plywood and
chipboard for utility shelves (have the sides,
need the shelves.)

Look Here...
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...&cat=1&p=42884

Course if you are like most people you will then spend more time
browsing and imagining what you _could_ do with the right tools than
actually doing anything...

Right now I don't know enough about what all the
tools do.

Used it for hardwood, softwood, flush cutting etc. It is a _pull_ saw --
which allows good control with very little power.

This is what I got today! A pull saw. 9 1/2 inch Ryoba
from Garrett Wade. And cut up 5 times tonight what
I did Sunday. With a tool that will pay for itself in
really soon*. And I didn't get it at a Home
Depot !

I need to work a bit on keeping the lines I cut
straight though. But what I did is fine for the
intended use.

Will look at your other links when I can, right now
I see only text.

Thanks all!

* Some "hardware" stores sell prefab ?chipboard shelves
for about $15.00 - $20.00 USD. Using nice new clean
(but free) wood/plywood, with only the cost of the saw,
it will soon pay for itself. (The prefab stuff is the
wrong color usually and I need to get paint anyway)