Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Furnace losing 24v when heat requested

Goedjn wrote:

That is true. While I don't recommend it to people that are not use to
working with electricity, a trouble shooting practice is to subistute a lamp
with for the fuse or breaker. If the circuit is suspose to be open the
light will not burn. If you put in a 100 watt bulb in a 120 volt circuit

Of course, the sensible thing to do would be
to shut off the breaker, and test continuity from the nuetral to
the hot, but that requires a hunk of equipment that costs
several thousand pennies.

Before you do that, check the voltage between the two.

You're presumably working on a troubled circuit. Don't assume shutting
off the breaker eliminates all sources of electricity.