Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Evans

Default Furnace losing 24v when heat requested

On Monday 19 December 2005 12:43, Mark Lloyd wrote:

BTW, considering strange electrical stuff, what if you had an old
(Edison base) fuse box that you could screw a light bulb into instead
of a fuse?

When I was young (not too long ago) I read in some sort of "home
emergencies" type of book something to the effect that you could screw
in a light bulb in the fuse box to locate or diagnose a short. The
bulb would glow brightly when there was too much current going through
it.

I'm guessing that if you screwed in a light bulb in a fuse box, the
brightness or dimness of the glow would depend on how much current was
being drawn on that circuit.

--
Travis Evans
[The email address on this post is valid, but may change from time to