Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

Default un-kinking a bandsaw blade?

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:08:21 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

I wouldn't bother trying to fix a kinked blade for $15...

I kinked one at the weekend.

I was roughing out bowl blanks for turning and the green hornbeam was
being particularly troublesome and grabby, so I was sawing off a series
of triangle with straight cuts, not trying to force a big blade around a
tight radius. I didn't realise there was a triangular offcut lying on
the table underneath the bowl until the blade caught it. It grabbed the
wedge-shaped offcut and rammed it down into the throatplate, jamming the
whole saw solid. The Tufnol throatplate smashed in two and the 1/2"
blade managed to kink front-to-back (yes, edge-on) as well as sideways.

I don't think there's any way to de-kink that one.
..