range_hood range_hood is offline
Junior Member

Location: europe
Post capstan motor in reversed direction

Hello there,

got a track recorder (tascam 488) with a dead capstan motor (mabuchi EG-530KD-2B). Looked for replacement and contacted the service here in Vienna - still waiting for response. In America they go for about 18 U$ on the official service departments, so I imagine here in europe they go for more.

Looked on ebay and found the same motor (EG-530KD-2F) with just one difference - the direction, it goes clockwise.The ebay price is €2, including the shipping I could get two additional spare motors for the same money the service would take.

My question: Will there be problems, if I just reverse the plus and minus poles to drive this unit counter clock wise? Specs and dimensions are the same.
It has 4 pins (A B + -), do I have to change A and B too?

Thanks in advance
Richard