Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Happy Go Lucky

Default Fixyouowntv -experience SONY KV-32TS46 DEAD

Gee, I hope you're not serious. I presume you're saying that the set
will crap out again. It ran from 1993 to present without problems and
then went out. This fix is supposed to fix it along with the repair of
cold solder connections. The tilt to the picture is VERY slight and
may even have been there before it went out. I don't think the picture
tilt is a big worry, I could have a service call maybe and have it
adjusted.

Maybe....

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:45:59 -0500, "kip" wrote:

Boom !!Boom!! coming to a set near you,
"Happy Go Lucky" wrote in message
.. .
I installed the kit today and I am very very happy to report that the
TV is working again. I notice a slight tilt to the picture, like when
letter boxed or a football game score bar on the screen but I'm not
sure if it was like that before. Wife says - leave it alone, it's not
an issue...

I would like to thank everyone here on this forum for your input and
suggestions. I tried to follow all the good advice and as you can
tell, it was good advice as it's fixed.

I am jumping for joy - the repair shop called and told me my
snowblower was fixed also and that it was only $40.

What can I say - I'm HAPPY !!!!

Thanks,

Gene

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 06:28:27 -0600, Happy Go Lucky
wrote:

Thanks very much, I will follow your instructions also. So much to
do....

Gee, I hope this works.

Gene

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:19:20 GMT, (Jason D.) wrote:

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:46:08 -0600, Happy Go Lucky
wrote:

I got the kit today, three transisters and a resistor, some heat sink
compound, solder and solder wick. One transister, quite large, the
other two not so but like a pair. I will follow the kit instructions

Those are the what commonly replaced in many Sony sets, two thing you
need to do:

Check that large transistor (this is horizontal transistor this drives
the horizontal circuit) is same part number. Secondly, on the large
transistor's solder side, trace the marking horizontal transistor lead
"B" (base gate) back to the 5 pin grey block, this is small
transformer that drives the base gate, this need to be cleaned up and
resoldered because this is what killed the horizontal transistor when
the solder joints on horizontal transformer driver failed. Shorted
load caused the power supply to fail. Hence this kit.

You will need a manual solder vacuum from radio shack or "The Source"
so you can get solder out of the metal gromment for twin small
transistors and large transistor. Wick ribbon is nice for desoldering
simple through hole traces but not great on metal gromments.

"POP!" was our expresson for failing even didn't made any noise or
smoke.

Cheers, Wizard