Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Wheels and Casters..Where Do You Find Them?

"J T" wrote in message
Sun, Dec 18, 2005, 11:31am (EST-3)
(Too_Many_Tools) doth ask - about wheels:
snippity

Questions like this, just kinda puzzle me. I mean, I have no
problem finding casters/wheels. for the few projects I use them on. The
tools I have on stands, I don't have them wheeled, I just shuffle them
from one place to another - less hassle than messing with wheels.

But, as for where to get them - plenty easy to find. Ace Hardware,
Lowes, Wally Worls, Harbor Freight, Northern Tools, I think some of the
auto parts stores have some, I think I saw some n a welding supply
store. You could even buy a cart and salvage wheels, if nothing else.
If you've got a welder, no biggie to cobble up some on your own. But,
of course, there-s always on-line shopping - google is simple enough to
use. Hell, even my mother could probably answer this one.

Amen. The "where do I find..." posts are really pretty annoying when it is
obvious that even the most basic of searches hasn't been attempted. Almost
as annoying are those posts from people too insecure to go out an actually
buy something for $10.00 without fist checking with everyone else for "their
experience". But - it's life. These are just pet peeves.

--

-Mike-