Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Metral

Default Furnace losing 24v when heat requested

They were indeed remarkably rude. At least most of them, a couple were
helpful.

Anyhow, the main question has now become, if my digital (i.e. needs power)
thermostat says it only requires the following leads connected:

R - 24vac
G - fan
W - heat
Y - cool

Where does it get power when it demands heat, thus shorting (?) G and W to
R? I would assume (standard decomposition of assume applies) that it gets
it from Y staying at ground, and perhaps that's where the fault has
occurred. If not, where else can it pull the power?

wrote in message
ps.com...
I guess you gave up on those pricks in alt.hvac, eh?