Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default For Gunner

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

What drives me nuts is the arrogance of the Time editorial board to
reveal Government secrets, the revelation of which help no Americans, and
warn America's enemies.

I'm going to be sorry I said this, but...

1) It was the New York Times editorial board, not Time. 2) It wasn't
government secrets. It was information illegally being kept secret by the
Executive branch. The legislative branch is up in arms about it, and the
courts may yet be hearing criminal charges over it. 3) If you don't
appreciate why violation of your Constitutional rights is a harm to you,
you're living in the wrong country. 4) As for warning America's enemies,
there is nothing the administration has been doing that it didn't have the
legal means to do already -- if they had bothered to follow the law and the
Constitution.

Yet the Press continues to wonder why people don't buy their papers
anymore, or why they can't get any respect from the rubes.

The Times is doing OK for a newspaper in the Internet age. As for the rubes,
they weren't buying it or reading it, anyway.

--
Ed Huntress