Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default Simplest way to replace the boiler...

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:14:00 +0000, Set Square wrote:

PC Paul wrote:

It doesn't light reliably (spark ignition just sparks indefinitely)
unless the cover is left slightly propped open (which I know is
somewhat dodgy - but it's in a well ventilated kitchen with a CO
alarm right next to it). and now it's stopped even that. So it's time
to go, I think.

There may be something wrong with the spark gap - which should be fixable.
My Baxi Solo won't fire if the two screws holding the outer casing on are
done up tight. I presume that they distort something slightly and screw up
the spark gap. Slacken them just a bit, and it's fine!

Baxi Solo 2 or 3? I've had a devil of a time with a 2 which
would intermittently stop lighting. Replacing the pilot injector and
ignition electrode seemed to fix it but then it played up again.
Replacing the insulation on the EHT cable seemes to have fixed it (for
now: fingers crossed, salt over shoulder, watch out you chickens and goats)

Maybe a similar problem with the OP's boiler?