Posted to alt.home.repair
J.C.

Default Can you help fix an "open neutral"

"G'day mates" wrote in message

First I installed a Fan in my living/dining room, then I installed a
chandelier from another ceiling outlet... all good and every thing
works just fine. However, some time later I discovered that my power
drill would not work on the balcony GFCI outlet. The tester indicates
"Open neutral." One circuit breaker controls all three plus a balcony
light. Everything on this circuit works except the GFCI outlet, which
is the furthest of all from the breaker box. The GFCI tests ok. Any
ideas? Many thanks in advance.

--
G'day mates

Turn off the power to that circuit and replace the GFCI. If it works,
problem solved, if it doesn't, you have a spare. It just sounds like a bad
GFCI or either a disconnected neutral wire to it.