Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mike

Default A funny story

Great, but not quite complete.

Tell them: "No Dishwasher, No Oven, No Microwave!"

And a Danish finish might be "food safe" but it isn't safe for string liquids
like Vinegar, so don't put 'dressed salad' in wood, though a "Salad Bowl"
finish may be ok for eating dressed salad from, if cleaned quickly after the meal.

mike

Barry N. Turner wrote:
No.........but some people don't appreciate/understand/deserve quality hand
crafted items. Some people absolutely amaze me........and not in a good way
either! My sympathies. I include a "caution card" with everything I sell
or give away warning that the item be kept out of direct sun light and away
from other sources of heat and light. I caution that the piece is intended
for display only or for dry ingredients like candies or nuts. There is also
a caveat not to wash or soak...........wipe with a damp cloth only. If they
run it through the dishwasher anyway, it's theirs!