gary wilkin

Default Quick change tool post question

--On Tuesday, August 05, 2003 8:41 PM -0700 Cuezilla
wrote:

I am going to treat myself to a quick change tool post for my 13 inch
Sheldon. I was looking at the Enco catalog and they have the Phase 11
for $109. and $199.00 One is a piston type and the other wedge. Is
there a difference that should make me spend the extra money?

Wacked the rest..

I bought one of those Phase II package deals with the piston type tool post.

When I came to a job that required switching tool holders repeatedly I
found out why they are so much cheaper!

They aren't repeatable to anything better than .010".

Ended up setting it on a bench and buying an Aloris wedge style that has
repeatability in the .0005" range.

I wasted my money on that POS, and had to buy a better one anyway. I HATE
when that happens.

Oh, it's a 200/BXA size if anyone wants it.

GW