Posted to uk.d-i-y
PC Paul

Default Simplest way to replace the boiler...

wrote:
So let's start with the basics. *Why* does the boiler need to be
replaced. The only compelling reason in my view would be if it was
broken and couldn't be mended through lack of spare parts. Even
then, I would question how hard anyone had looked for spares.

I quite agree, repairing the boiler would be the only low cost
compliant option. Why not tell us more about the boiler.

It's a Glow Worm KFB50. It's had a new fan, been serviced, new pilot jet,
new thermistor, refurb control board, had the pressure retwiddled and all
sorts.

It doesn't light reliably (spark ignition just sparks indefinitely) unless
the cover is left slightly propped open (which I know is somewhat dodgy -
but it's in a well ventilated kitchen with a CO alarm right next to it). and
now it's stopped even that. So it's time to go, I think.