Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default un-kinking a bandsaw blade?

In article ,
WillR wrote:

Which one did you get?

I got the kiddy one... the KC1401HD... $ 389.00 Can.
It should tell me enough about whether or not I want a real one some day.
I am aware that this isn't first class.
I can't even get my head around them SHIPPING it for less that 400
bucks.... no wonder Delta et al are getting the **** kicked out of them.

I never had a lathe either, but I think one should really start off with
something half decent when venturing into that hobby. I don't think I'll
ever go there.
I have nothing but the greatest admiration for some of those art pieces
I have seen over the years.

The other wood related hobby that fascinates me is marquetry. You don't
need a lot of expensive gear to get going in that. (Using a CNC would be
cheating? G) Just an expensive inventory of veneers, I suppose. But
how am I to take a hobby seriously when they use words like purfeling?