Posted to alt.home.repair
rider89

Default An agreement should be a freaking AGREEMENT!

I see this statement made pretty often, but I frankly don't understand it.
I think it's kind of an urban myth
that the customer "should" pay anything up front.
I've been using all the usual subs for 30 years in doing full property
rehabs and development
and I've never had to pay anything up front. In cases of very high material
cost, I have a few times paid for
the material once on my property.
In this area, contractors can cover their risk with property liens.
In terms of reputable contractors, I have never even had one ask for upfront
money.

bill

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

Most contractors require a downpayment before starting a project.