Gunner

Default WTD plans for a PIG Roaster

On 05 Aug 2003 19:08:43 GMT, OSPAM (Gary Brady) wrote:

"Coonass" is a local name for a Louisiana "Cajun"(a descendant of the French
settlers of south Louisiana).

Entirely correct.

In these PC days it has become somewhat ill-mannered for a non-Cajun to use

the term as it is viewed to be somewhat derogatory. I don't know the origin of
the term.

Again, unfortunately, correct. I don't know how the term come to be veiwed as
derogatory, since a drive through southern Louisiana will turn up many "Proud
Coon-Ass" bumper stickers. My Cajun heritage comes from a grandmother named
Brouillette (non-English speaking in fact), and I have always considered myself
part Cajun or coon-ass. Too bad that people living in other parts of this
country can find the time to be offended by the use of this term.
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Then..there are Red Bones.... G

Gunner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty
is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
-- Ben Franklin