Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lyndell Thompson

Default ANSI CODE B7-1, exception for grinding on side of wheel

Hello, I am a newbie here but not new to NG. I am trying to sharpen a
woodturning skew (looks like a chisel ground @ 45 degree angle or so. MFG.
says hollow grinding not suitable for this tool. I read on a new grinding
wheel I purchased that there is an exception for not grinding on the side of
the wheel in ansi code b7-1. I did a google, yahoo, you name it search and
just got the same reference and/or a website to purchase this code book for
$125. Hoping some of you guys might have a clue what they are talking about.
In the mean while I will hollow grind it to keep from having a grinding
wheel removed from my chest @ the hospital. :-) Thanks in advance.
Lyndell