Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Segmented Cookie Dish for Santa

Greg, I like this piece very much. You mentioned doing more complex
work.
The restrained simplicity and choice of soothing woods and oil finish
are what works for me. I think it will 'wear well' with its owner. I do
not care for complex segmented forms that try too hard and your dish
finally explains why; it's that I don't like the disturbing busyness and
multiple glints of much of this art/craft.

Just my unlettered take, but I think you have found a successful niche
that will appeal to many who discriminate and you soon can afford
whatever gear you want. Simple usually beats complex. I won't say
"KISS", because this isn't a stupid piece.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter