Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how high is too high for residential water pressure?

I'd go thru the expense of having the house supply pipe increased in
size. You probably have a 1 inch now. Have it increaded to a 4" or
even a 6". Then get a quality pressure booster and increase the
pressure to around 2000 lbs (one ton per square inch). Then run 2"
galvanized pipe to your shower. You'll be in for a treat.

PS. when you first turn on the pressure booster, watch any old copper
pipes. They may blow up like a balloon as the pressure rises. When
they do, be sure to shut down the water and replace these pipes. The
other thing to watch are cheap faucets. They could blow right off the
sink, puncture the ceiling and blast a hole thru the roof.
Additionally, they may land as far as 5 miles away. so you may never
see them again.
Finally, when you flush the toilet, be sure to put on a raincoat, and
shut off any bathroom fans. We all know what happens when the ****
hits the fan.....

INSERT SOMETHING HERE

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:32:24 -0500, "bugs bunny"
wrote:

how high can I run my home water pressure before I run the risk of
prematurely wearing out fixtures, washers, toilet parts, washing machine,
etc.

our city water supply is at a really high pressure (over 150 psi) so I can
set the pressure regulator for any pressure less than that

I like really strong showers, how high can I go without reducing the life of
things?