Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default OT motor speed question

could be that the circuitry regulates current rather than measuring
back emf - the larger HP would draw more current for same RPM. or as
another poster suggested, it could have had a different pulley, or a
third alternative is that the new motor is 120VDC and the old one was
90VDC (I see both in treadmills) - just set your speed appropriatly
faster, and ask the tech to give you a partial refund because it's not
right, but it's tolerable

On 15 Dec 2005 03:32:15 -0800, wrote:

Hi, did a search for the answer to my question and found this forum
which seems very knowledgeable about motors and speeds related to them.

I recently had a treadmill motor replaced on my treadmill. The
original motor was 2hp. For some reason the replacement the technician
got was a 2.5hp. After he replaced the motor and left, I noticed that
the speeds of the treadmill now seemed slower than what I set the
treadmill for. After some rough calculations I determined it to be
about 80% of the speed I set. (ie. I set the treadmill to jog at 5
mph, but I am now walking at 4 mph) Does this make sense given that a
larger motor was put in but no changes to the circuit boards etc)
Everything else remained constant.

Thank you in advance,

Jim

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com