Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

Default un-kinking a bandsaw blade?

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:03:32 -0500, Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
WillR wrote:

As someone pointed out it should self-destruct shortly thereafter anyway
if you bend it back.

Hammering will change the structure (temper) of the metal. So...

That all depends on how much it is kinked... and the 'hammering' I'm talking
about is more like 'coaxing'... think jewellery as opposed to Clydesdale
horseshoe.

Gotcha.

Circumcision vs pork chops.

Um.

If the kink is 'creased' cutting out the crease and re-welding would be the
ticket.

I'll know as soon as I take a good look at it, probably tonight. If
it's particularly interesting and/or I'm bored, I'll take pics and write
something up to post on a website.