Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default First Plane?

DonkeyHody wrote:

Folks,
Thanks for all the good advice. I think I'll try the Lee Valley Low
Angle Block Plane first, since it seems to match my hazy vision of what
I need a plane for. It's not out of reach price-wise and shouldn't
require a lot of tuning to be useful. If I have a religious experience
as a result and convert to neander, I'll look up the other
recommendations to start my collection.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

DonkeyHody
"Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him."

Life will never be the same, once you open up your first LV plane box.
Hell, even my WIFE thinks they are cool. She likens them to "a work of
art". I especially love the design of their shoulder planes. I'll wager
that every Xmas, birthday, and Father's Day, you'll have a plane on your
Want List! g

Dave