Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom D

Default Bottle imp

"BillR" wrote in message
Sheila,

How to make a bottle imp is described in David Springett's book

'Woodturning
Trickery'. Try the library. ISBN 0 9517157 6 3.

Not easy to describe in words but if you can't find a copy I will try.

BillR

I actually saw dave Springett demonstrate the bottle imp at our

woodturning
club meeting. His book was on sale at the meeting but I didn't buy it,
thinking I could always get it later and bought wood instead.

I have tried several bookstores where I live. ( Nottingham) but they didn't
have it, neither does our local library or the central library.

I have made one which I thought was close to the one I saw Dave make, but it
would not even stand up, and it layed on its side all the time. Any help
or tips you can give me would me most appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Tom
"Tom D" wrote in message
A bottle imp is a small wooden bottle that springs upright when you lay

it
down. When you secretly push a small metal rod in it it then stays

down.
I would like to make one for my grand daughter.

Tom.

"Sheila Dougall" wrote in message
Does anyone have instructions for making a "bottle imp" or can you

point
me
in the right direction to download from the internet. I have tried

Google
and Jeeves without success.

Tom