Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Laying laminate flooring

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I'm about to lay some laminate flooring, and on the instructions that
came with the box, it says:

"let the packages of flooring lie flat on the floor for at least 48
hours prior to installation, in the room in which the floor is to be
installed."

Why is this? I just picked up the laminate today and was hoping to get
started installing. I can't do this for another two days?

Thanks for any help!

-Josh

Unless there is a huge difference in temp and humidity where it was
stored/purchaced and your home then there should not be a problem. I bought
1000 square feet and could not install it all before the AZ summer hit. I
brought in 10 boxes at a time and open them up. By the weekend they and I
were ready.

Did you get the pad and vapor barrier cut all ready?

Following the directions never hurts.