Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

Default Any Saw Stop Owners

Dave Hinz wrote:

Imagine my surprise. I wonder if anyone in this group tried to point
out the obvious design problems before they went to production.

Is that what is behind the vehemence of the anti sawstop feeling of a
few here? I think sawstop is a cool idea if:
1) it (or a future refinement of it) proves itself not to have
problems like the OP was citing,
2) the cost of the feature comes down, and
3) big brother doesn't suddenly get the idea of protecting me from
myself by requiring such technology.

If there were design problems some folks pointed out, I'd have to ask
if those pointing out the problems were arm-chair engineers, or folks
who really understood the technology very well. Even if the latter, is
it just bruised egos of having the advice ignored that is causing this
reaction, or is there something more that might explain such a strong
reaction?