Posted to rec.woodworking
nospambob

Default Warning! I'm gonna whine about what went wrong today in the shop

Prime issued an Engineering Change Order prior to submitting an
Engineering Change PROPOSAL to the Govt for review! Board had a very
HIGH failure rate without the diode.

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:57:35 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:13:31 -0800, nospambob wrote:

Prime had control of the drawing package and made multitudes of
changes that I associated with being able to charge the Dept of Navy.
What I cited is what I witnessed working for the Dept of Navy as an
EE.

Had to have been a reason other than cost savings for removing that
component. Maybe obsolescence or other considerations. Maybe the need to
pre-screen the parts may have resulted in some cost savings (i.e, the part
itself was really a higher cost than a few tenths of a cent), or the cost
of installation, logistics of being able to reduce part count. Even though
the prime may have had control of the drawing package, doesn't the
procurring agency have right of refusal for design changes?