Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default OT motor speed question

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, did a search for the answer to my question and found this forum
which seems very knowledgeable about motors and speeds related to them.

I recently had a treadmill motor replaced on my treadmill. The
original motor was 2hp. For some reason the replacement the technician
got was a 2.5hp. After he replaced the motor and left, I noticed that
the speeds of the treadmill now seemed slower than what I set the
treadmill for. After some rough calculations I determined it to be
about 80% of the speed I set. (ie. I set the treadmill to jog at 5
mph, but I am now walking at 4 mph) Does this make sense given that a
larger motor was put in but no changes to the circuit boards etc)
Everything else remained constant.

Might have put in a different pulley or gear size.