Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default hot water in shower can only reach "warm" at its best in winter

~On 14 Dec 2005 20:31:48 -0800, "RicodJour"
wrote:

That's a new one on me. Normally if there's a shower temperature
complaint it's because the hot water temperature on the water heater
might not be set high enough, or there are uninsulated pipes losing
heat on the way to the shower. Usually once the water is running the
heat loss in the pipe system is not too bad. Check the temperature
setting on the hot water heater to be sure.

If you have sufficiently hot water at the bathroom faucet, but the
shower is lukewarm, you might have a problem with the shower body
itself, or...you're mistaken on how the shower valve works. If you
turn the valve one way for cold and the opposite way for hot, how could
anyone possibly mix the correct water temperature?

It's in the middle. Haven't you seen these. I don't have one but
I've seen and used them in boys' gyms, or maybe when I visit people.
I don't like them because I never know which direction is supposed to
be which, but I suppose if I had it all the time I'd get used to it.

If you're still stumped, get the manufacturer's name off of the control
cover plate and give them a call. They'll tell you whether it's you or
the valve.

They told me it was me.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.