Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DE

Default propane burner question

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:19:46 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

I just got home with a pretty good quality 500,000 btu propane burner. The
kind that is a straight pipe, intended probably as a weed burner. I intend
to hook it up to my old rivet forge to heat items I want to twist and bend.

Anyone use one of these for that?

I have one and have used it on an improvised firebrick forge.
It got the job done, use mine more for weed burning , thawing, heating
branding irons ect.
Caveats?

Mine ran too rich for blacksmithing, I added a blower setup,
which helped some but not the best.

Pointers?

Advice?

I built a Ron Reil type forge burner (easy project) and it is
considerably more efficient and all around better forge burner IMO

DE
It must be a real Bad Boy, as it hooks up direct to a propane tank with NO
regulator.

TIA

Steve