Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Default First Plane?

(snip) I don't envision myself going neander and using a hand plane instead
of
my planer or jointer, or anything like that.

After using a few good hand planes, you may be swayed a little more
towards neanderism . There are some things that are far easier to do with a
hand plane. I'd recommend a shoulder plane to start, it'll trim those
tenons to perfection. A low angle block plane is also a good
uggestion. --dave

"Enoch Root" wrote in message
DonkeyHody wrote:

What I build depends on what SWMBO decides she needs. Almost always
some furniture item. Fitting and tweaking are the uses I forsee now.
I don't envision myself going neander and using a hand plane instead of
my planer or jointer, or anything like that.

In that case a (good) block plane would work.

er
--
email not valid