Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
Tony

Default EDM

I have an older Hansvedt EDM, its very safe to use in a home shop,, but it
may not be practical for most. I don't have any odors, or fires.

With the tank and all the equipment they take up alot of room. They are
expensive to maintain. (If you need to replace the EDM fluid expect to spend
about $800 for a fluid change for the good stuff.) The hydraulic systems can
be expensive to repair. The dielectic pump is a special design, positive
displacement that can handle abrasive particles in the stream.

They require alot of tweaking, lots of knobs to turn. Also, the finish can
be less than expectations. I had to make my electrode holders. And drilling
graphite electodes to provide proper flushing makes me cringe when I get the
dust on my lathe. Have had some workpieces damaged due to arcing. Also, my
machine has a quirk of jogging the electrode into the work once in awhile.

Tony
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charmilles-Singl...cmdZV iewItem

Ive done business with these folks before. They will often take
significantly less if the item doesnt sell on Ebay.

Shrug

Ask for Yavone

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner